Site Survey & Pallet Rack System Design
Site Survey | Pre-Design Survey & Strategic Rack Planning
Whether its designing a new storage system or auditing an existing one, the information gathered about your business is critical for generating the best storage solutions that work for you. We will send someone to your facility to meet with you to gather more background on what you’re looking for, what type of products your storing, product flow, information on the building and many more important topics. We gather the details that are necessary for designing an efficient and safe storage & handling solution that gives you the best return on investment.
Pallet Rack System Design | AutoCAD Rack Configuration Layout
Once we have the necessary information to start designing your system, we’ll get to work. Our team will design the best storage solution for your given space making sure the squeeze every last bit of storage space out of your warehouse. We’ll build a system that works for you and your company, keeping in mind your budget and timeline. A strutural engineer will review and stamp all designs ensuring the safety of our systems. Once completed, we’ll provide you with a quote for our best design.
- Facility address – necessary for seismic evaluation and preliminary PE calculations
- Building layout -AutoCAD drawing (if, available)
- Existing equipment – As-built layouts of existing racking and equipment
- Exit doors – locations and egress pathways
- Dock doors – locations, type, dock high, ramps, grade level
- Obstructions – office locations, building columns, size and location.
- Lighting – type, location electrical panel locations
- Fire sprinklers – head type, clear height, sprinkler main locations
- HVAC – location of unit and duct work clearances
- Dock Doors – type, dock high, dock plates, ground level drive-in, ramps
- Floor slab information – levelness, thickness, reinforcement, psi, soil psf
- Ceiling – clear height of trusses,ceiling, sprinkler heads, sprinkler mains, obstructions, draft curtains, smoke vents, sky lights, roof slope
- Pallet Dimensions – Maximum and Averages of Height, Width, Depth, Weight
- Pallet Information – Wood, plastic, condition
- Fire classification – Paper, plastic, aerosols (need descriptions)
- Hand loaded cartons, sizes weights
- Number of SKU’s
- Flow of product through the warehouse and duration of storage
- Raw materials used in manufacturing or a finished product
- Number of pallet positions required
- Time sensitive First in, first out (FIFO) or first in, last out (LIFO)
- Static Selective Storage (Selective Pallet Rack, Cantilever Rack)
+35 Years in the Storage & Material Handling Industry
Leading the industry, we strive to bring you the absolute best customer experience in the industry and take the stress out of buying rack. We’ve got you covered.